Hyperdecks Mini (old model) Problem no Input Image

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

PabloC

Hyperdecks Mini (old model) Problem no Input Image

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 am

HI All:

I have a rack set up with a Video HUb20x20 and four mini hyperdecks of the previous model, to use for backup in case something happens on the other recorders.

Unfortunately I have a problem with the mini Hyperdecks (4 of the old models), apparently before starting the recording the video image received by SDI is lost. I connect a camera directly and the image is not seen until I press Jog, Record, stop. That's when the image appears. I don't know if it's a problem with the Hyperdecks or what it is, but it causes me a lot of problems when the image is gone before the recording starts:

I connected an SDI camera to the Video Hub 20x20 and got no picture on the Hyperdeck Mini.

I pressed jog,record,stop on the hyperdeck to activate the input preview but still no picture.

Instead I connected the camera signal directly to the Hyperdeck input but no picture.

I pressed jog,record,stop on the Hyperdeck to activate the input preview and I got the image from the camera.

Have you had the same problem before? Can you tell me if this is normal or how to avoid it? Will it happens in the new models Mini HD?

Thanks

Return to Live Production