Daisy Chaining Ultrastudios...

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

travishkelly

Daisy Chaining Ultrastudios...

PostMon May 06, 2024 1:27 pm

Greetings all. I could be answering my own question here, and I can't seem to find a good answer on the web so here it goes.

I keep seeing "daisy chain" Ultrastudios in some suggestions when wanting to send different outputs utilizing them. Is that just as simple as finding a Thunderbolt4 hub similar to a USB hub or am I missing something? There's only one TB port on my Ultrastudio 4k mini so no in/out there. I'm working on sending a 4k signal out to a Barco E2, out of Resolume, for a LED wall as one output, then send out two 1080 outputs for stage right and stage left projectors. Then I can use all three outputs as one big canvas in Resolume, but not impact the GPU on the machine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Howard Roll

Re: Daisy Chaining Ultrastudios...

PostMon May 06, 2024 3:42 pm

A hub "should" work, but will likely require a little research and patience. Getting these things to work can be troubling for some, even without a hub further complicating issues.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133659

travishkelly wrote:...but not impact the GPU on the machine.

That might be a touch optimistic. Resolume still has to render and push the data, the Ultrastudio is just converting it to RGB/YUV.

Good Luck

Return to Live Production